Current Page: Travel Tools >> Entry

Visa Application

2012/1/17 11:14:54    
Visa Application

Visa Application

A Chinese visa is a permit issued by Chinese visa authorities to non-Chinese citizens for entry into, exit from and transit through China. American citizens and citizens of most countries are required to obtain a China visa before entering China. There are eight categories of ordinary Chinese visas, which are respectively marked with the letters C, D, F, G, J-1, J-2, L, X and Z.


L Visa: The most popular type of China visa, an L visa is also known as a tourist visa. It is issued to those who visit China for tourist purposes, family visit or other personal matters.


F Visa: Also known as business visa, an F visa is issued to applicants who are invited to China for business, research, lecture, scientific-technological and culture exchanges, short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.


Z Visa: A work visa, it is issued to those who are hired by Chinese companies to work or teach in China, and their accompanying family members.


X Visa: A student visa, issued to applicants who go to China for the purpose of study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period of more than six months.


C Visa: Issued to crewmembers on international aviation, navigation and land transportation missions and family members accompanying them on China-bound flight.


G Visa: Issued to those who transit through China. American passport holders must obtain a transit visa to transit through all Chinese airports except Pudong International Airport in Shanghai.


D Visa: Issued to applicant who is to reside permanently in China?


J-1 Visa: Issued to foreign resident correspondents in China.


J-2 Visa: Issued to foreign correspondents on temporary interview missions in China.


Validity of Visa: A single entry Chinese visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue, and a double entry visa is valid for 6 months. A China visa holder must enter China before the expiration date for the visa to remain valid.


Duration of Stay: The duration of stay is specified on a Chinese visa. Chinese visa holders must not stay beyond the specified date without extending their visas. Otherwise, they will be subject to stiff penalties.


Overseas Chinese Visa Authorities: Foreign citizens can obtain a China visa from Chinese embassies, consulates, visa offices, and the consular department of the office of Chinese Foreign Ministry. For further information, please consult the nearest China visa authorities in your country.


L Visa


Foreign spouses, parents and children under the full age of 18 years visit Chinese citizens and aliens in China with “Permanent Resident Permit”.


2、Accepting Office
Applicants may first apply to Entry & Exit Division of the local Bureau of Public Security and then to Entry & Exit Division of Ningbo Municipal Bureau of Public Security. Applicants may also apply directly to Entry & Exit Division of Ningbo Municipal Bureau of Public Security.


3、Documents presented for application
(1)Submit completely filled in “Application form for Visas or Residents Permits for aliens” together with one 2-inch photograph recently taken full-face without headgear;
(2)Submit photocopies of the pages of personal information, the latest entry visa and the last entry check seal in valid passport (original passport needs to be checked);
(3)Submit a temporary residence registration certificate by the local police station or hotels;
(4)Foreign spouses should submit certificate of marriage;
(5)Foreign parents and children should submit certification for family relationship;
(6)In visiting residents in China’ inland, you should submit the certificate for local permanent household register of the relatives or relevant certification for the actual places of their stay and their residents’ ID cards;
(7)In visiting overseas Chinese or residents from Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan, you should submit their ID cards and certification for the stay in Ningbo over 6 months;
(8)In visiting aliens in China with “Permanent Resident Permit”, you should submit the Permanent Resident Permit for aliens of the relatives;
(9)Other relevant documents required by Entry & Exit Division of Ningbo Municipal Bureau of Public Security.


(A visa is a sovereign act of a country and those who are qualified for visas don’t necessarily mean the availability of visas.)